[Roadsters] Going finally, I hope.

Andy Cost andycost at embarqmail.com
Sun Jul 6 21:40:10 MDT 2008

Broke 4/20/08

1. Cleaned injectors
2. New fuel lines
3. New fuel pump
4. New ECU
5. New daughterboard in ECU
6. Whole bunch of tuning on the laptop
7. New fuel injectors
8. New injector o-rings
9. New mass air sensor
10. New spark plugs
11. Reversed rectal cranial inversion
12. Problem solved

It all started when the fuel line dissolved and coated my injectors and
everything else in goo.  The thing just wouldn't run right after that.
Nothing I tried would seem to help.  In the end it was a combination of
problems.  Mostly there was a bad MAF sensor that probably went bad when my
water/methanol system screwed up and sprayed into the MAF.  I replaced it
but the car still ran poorly.  One o-ring was filling the motor with
gasoline pretty fast.  The last thing I figured out was that I had two plug
wires swapped.  Once I got the new MAF, new o-ring, and firing order correct
the car ran like a top.  I had most of the other parts so I'm not out a
bunch of money.  The new daughterboard was on loan from it's creator and
will be on it's way back to OZ next week.  I missed a few races and did
poorly in the ones I limped through.  Hopefully the bugs are out of the
system now.  I've got to figure out a better place for the water/meth spray.
It is too close to the MAF currently.

Later,

Andy
 http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2681726230065431685IKYrEh