[Roadsters] OT: laptops--sorry for the OT

Tim tputland at charter.net
Fri Jul 4 07:03:53 MDT 2008

Hi all. Please keep replies to this inquiry off list! If any one is interested in the input I get, let me know and I will forward them on to whomever.

We will be buying a laptop this summer for my oldest to use when she goes to university this fall. I am seeking input, comments, (but no flaming please) etc from different people. We are asking neighbors, coworkers, etc. I figure this list is another great source of information.

I have had dell, HP and gateway desk tops so I have my own opinions of these company's' DESKTOPS and am wondering who out there has experience with laptops. Pros, cons, etc. I am looking to not spend over $1000.

We cannot buy a MAC as the school she is attending recommends not to so there are no compatibility issues.

AGAIN: Please keep replies to this inquiry off list! If any one is interested in the input I get, let me know and I will forward them on to whomever.

Time to go do the brakes on my truck.

Tim
Belleville, WI.
'70 SPL AND SRL