[Roadsters] Compressor mounting--was that hard to get to nut

Tim tputland at charter.net
Wed Jul 2 06:04:06 MDT 2008

The problem with raising the compressor is that mine needs to be bolted to the floor as it is a 60 gallon tank and is a 240 volt hard wired unit. The bolts I used are long enough that I can raise it up about an inch and a half and then install a different drain valve that is easier to use. I may even put install a pipe coming out of the drain hole and run it out of the bottom of the base so I can get to it even easier.

Tim
Belleville, WI.
'70 SPL AND SRL
Still clueless but always learning

---- Graeme <graemes at internode.on.net> wrote:

=============
  The space under the compressor was so small I could barely get one finger
tip on the nut of the valve. Can you say "time to modify the drain valve"?

I've got the same problem although my hands are not huge.
Try sitting the compressor on a couple of house bricks to get more space
around the drain valve.
I've got one under each wheel and a slightly narrower one under the foot so
the tank slopes towards the valve ; )
You are subscribed as tputland at charter.net

Datsun-roadsters mailing list

http://www.team.net/archive