[Roadsters] pair of '66 1600's available in Virginia

chalsted chalsted at comcast.net
Sun Dec 21 10:05:50 MST 2008

I have 2 very worthwhile '66 1600's available, both are projects but not
major. white one is a California car still with California paperwork, PO had
cut off the overflow tubes (ignorant...) and had a minor engine compartment
fire- needs the engine wiring harness replaced.  they'd opened up the rear
wheelwells about an inch all the way around and used bondo for contour, rear
panel has a soft dent but not bad. slight gougeon driver's door above the jack
hole from them using the original factory jack... otherwise very clean body,
good interior... dash has a wood overlay that looks good, pix available. I can
provide a wiring harness and if you wish can provide partial quarter cuts to
make the wheelwells look original. extra charge for those. $2k as it sits, can
start higher and dicker down to that if you prefer...in my opinion it's
practically a gift at that price
2nd one has 35k original miles, very good body. new Koni's, frame had been
painted, engine compartment body compartment and trunk already painted (red)
engine detailed out... was a driver when I first saw it about 15 years ago
then was in storage until I bought it... needs interior done, I'd assume
hydraulics, new tires, paint... $3500 on that one. contact me offlist if
interested.  I figure either one could be turned into a driver with a few days
work.
Craig