[Roadsters] Legally compliant engine cleaning

Fred Katz roadster at astound.net
Wed Dec 17 00:52:39 MST 2008

I use "Oil Eater", buy it in gallon jugs and transfer it to spray
bottles. It's biodegradable, non-flammable, on the label it says
"authorized by USDA for cleaning non-food processing areas". Works
great in conjunction with a stiff bristled brush. Even better with a
steam cleaner wand. It's a concentrate, most of the time I use it full
strength. The bad news is that you're still dumping oily grime washed
from your engine, but it's nothing compared to all the grime dumped by
restaurants and businesses. I know that's not PC, but it's the truth.

Fred - So.SF