[Roadsters] Donut

John F Sandhoff sandhoff at csus.edu
Mon Oct 1 17:35:25 MDT 2007

> So, I broadened my JY search & found that the "donut" from the first
> generation Saab 900 (1979-1987) works like a charm. It is thin and of a
> smaller diameter than the stock steel wheel + tire.

If it is smaller in diameter than the tire it's replacing, beware that
it may be incompatible with a limited slip rear end. To the diff, you're
always turning in a circle and/or one tire is always slipping. I don't
know if a run-of-the-mill diff will suffer under such treatment.

-- John
     John F Sandhoff   sandhoff at csus.edu   Sacramento, CA