[Roadsters] Was cleaning carbs / Now pre-ISO threads

hallosb at juno.com hallosb at juno.com
Tue Dec 18 19:56:53 MST 2007

Pre-ISO metric screws?? Never heard of such a thing. And I thought the
clutch head screws on my '56 Chevy were unusual.

This might explain those impossible to find replacement screws.  When I
disassembled my heater valve, I lost a screw I couldn't replace.  Same
thing happened with the original alternator.  I have a thread gauge and
every once in a while I find an unusual thread I can't match with any
standard sizes either metric or SAE.

Most everything on my '66 is SAE but, it seems like some of the parts do
use metric threads. Do our cars have a mixture of both SAE and metric?

Dan McHatton
'66 1600