[Roadsters] cleaning carbs

Pat Horne roadsters at hornesystemstx.com
Tue Dec 18 09:13:13 MST 2007

I go one step farther than Mark. I have two cans, one to get most of the
heavy stuff off, then into the second can to get the rest. This helps
keep the second batch cleaner longer. When it starts to get too bad to
use I shift it to be the first batch and get a new can for the second.

in the 70s there was a product called Hydroseal that I really liked. I
just looked it up and it appears that Gunk bought out Hydroseal and now
markets Hydroseal II. I'm sure it is not as effective as the original,
but next time I need to replace my second batch I'll pick some up. I
don't know what the original stuff was made of, but it was heavier than
water. There was actually a layer of water floating on top of the
solvent to keep it from evaporating.

Thusly spake Mark Sedlack:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems