[Roadsters] cleaning carbs

Mark Sedlack msedlack at neo.rr.com
Tue Dec 18 08:46:32 MST 2007

I've always had great success with Berryman's Chem-Dip for cleaning carbs -
gallon can with basket to hold parts.

Like Graeme said, brush off the loose stuff first.

Soak the disassembled parts overnight with the lid on.  If there's any
remaining deposits, then use an old toothbrush to brush them with the same
solution.  Dunk em once more, and they come out clean as a whistle.  You can
cut a piece of plastic from a milk jug to act as a wedged-in separator in
the basket for the can, to keep the carb components grouped together.  Put
the lid back on and save the dip for the next project - it'll do several
carbs before it gets to grungy to reuse.