[Roadsters] A Few Good Parts

Pat Horne roadsters at hornesystemstx.com
Wed Dec 5 18:34:43 MST 2007

Scott,

There are a couple ways to go that, though not stock, will look original
to the untrained person. This only works for the 67.5 ammeter because it
is paired with another gauge in one case.

If you want to stick with an ammeter, find the ammeter that fits a 240Z
or 260z. They need a plastic spacer installed behind them so they fit
the Roadster gauge housing, but it works fine. The difference between
these ammeters and the Roadster ammeter is that the Z ammeters are
higher amperage, just right if you have upgraded the alternator. They
also use studs for connections instead of the problematic 1/4" spades
that the Roadster uses.

The final option is to find the volt meter out of a 280Z. It also will
fit inside the 67.5 gauge case. In addition to the volt meter, there is
a light that is the idiot light that most cars have gone to instead of a
gauge. With the volt meter to tell what the system voltage is, and a
light to tell you whether the alternator is working or not, you should
be fine.

I purchased Z ammeters and voltmeters on eBay for less than $20 each,
quite a bit cheaper than a Roadster gauge!

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Scott Elequin:

--