[Roadsters] Electronic Distributor on Ebay

jrdmf at aol.com jrdmf at aol.com
Tue Aug 21 14:13:38 MDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: jrdmf at aol.com
To: gboone70 at yahoo.com; datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net
Sent: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:07 pm
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Electronic Distributor on Ebay

Got a little experience here so here's?my .02c....

?

I happen to have 3?running Roadsters?(all in excellent? condition) and each with?a different ignition setup. The first one is a 1600 that I finished building?in 1999 that has the Pertronix ignition?and I?am happy to?say?it?has worked perfectly for over 8 years. (Sorry Gary.... didn't know of you then?or that?I even had a choice?) The second car is a 2 liter that has Gary's dizzy installed. I've had this car for a little over two years?and?am happy to report?the ignition not only?looks great?but that?it?has also worked?absolutely perfect?since day one. Third car is another 1600?that I picked up with a very long list of problems, one of which?being a failed stock ignition system.?I recently installed?the same?electronic ignition that Tim Minor has in his 2 liter?and in my opinion it has performed as well as either ignition in my other two cars. I don't know everything about this new distributor but I do?know that it is?not the earlier Nissan A series and in fact uses the standard Hitachi ignition from the Sentra. (Made sure I picked up a spare when I bought it.)

I've got no steak here so I'm seriously not trying to promote anybody's ignition. I?like Gary's dizzy?because it's?an excellent?unit?and it?also looks great. I?like the Pertronix?unit because it's?a good choice for those who don't want to spend a lot of money but would like?to get away from the prehistoric points system. I?like this new?distributor?because?it uses the stock Roadster cap and hides all of the electronics on the?inside instead of the outside giving a "stock appearance" under the hood.

I can tell you from experience that all 3 are way better than any stock system and the only regret you may have after?putting?any of them?in your car is not doing it sooner.

Jon Frampton

67.5 1600 X 2
67.5 2000 X 2