[Bricklin] No instrument lights

Scott Isensee isensee at aol.com
Sun Jul 1 14:50:03 MDT 2012

Thanks to Bob, Serge and John for the advice. I got the headlight switch out
and the problem is a bad rheostat in the switch.

The pin that releases the headlight switch knob and shaft is very hard to get
to since there is little room between the pin and the underside of the dash. I
found I could loosen the nut that holds the headlight switch to the dash and
pull the shaft out all the way, then push the switch back to where the pin
became accessible under the dash.

John, Rockauto lists 6, 7 and 8 terminal headlight switches for Corvettes for
the years you suggested. The Bricklin switch has 7 terminals and matches the
picture for a Standard Motor Products #DS177 so I have placed an order for one
of those. I'll let you know when I have verified that it works.

Scott