[Bricklin] Air door problem

Rick at High Tech Coatings rick at hightechcoatings.com
Mon Dec 19 09:25:48 MST 2011

The only guess I can make is something I have seen on one of my cars, it was
also the passenger door, seems there was some oil in the air line coming from
the cylinder. It got into the solenoid, It made it stick intermittently,
mostly when you wanted to take someone for ride, would work every other time,
would test it out and be fine, offer to take some one for  a ride and wham
stop working LOL. well I cleaned out the line with brake clean, disassembled
the solenoid and cleaned it out as well and now it works fine every time,
seems the oil just made too much drag in the solenoid for it to open with air
pressure, you would think oil would make it work better but not the case< at
;east in that instance.