[Bricklin] 4 Important questions/Thank you

Rick at High Tech Coatings rick at hightechcoatings.com
Thu Mar 18 09:01:01 MST 2010

> 1. I am not able to get the middle hub nuts-bolts off of the rear wheels to
> check/repair brakes... We literally broke a breaker bar. Can I cut the bolts
&
> if I do where do I get replacement parts?

do not remove the center bolt, There may be 1-3 small bolts between the studs
just remove those and pull the drum off, the hub stays on.

> 2. How do I get window handles/door panel off without breaking/tearing
> anything to get into doors to put glass back on track?

There is an Allen nut in the middle of the window crank, remove it and the
handle will come off,there is a Phillips screw in the black plastic around the
door handle, remove the screw and the snake the trim off, the door panel may
have some screws in it if so remove them if nor it should come off easy, If it
has no screws in it do not put any in!

> 3. My doors do work with the car is on but the keys do no work to open them
> from the outside. Is that an electrical/mechanical/compressor problem and
how
> do I repair that? Otherwise, I'll
> have to leave the windows open at all times
> to get in or do the Bricklin crawl.

sounds like you have an air leak, get out some soapy water and start looking
for bubbles or just change all the lines, they probably need changing
anyways.

> 4. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement center console? Mine is
> in
> poor shape.

good luck finding an original, both bob hoffman and terry tanner make full
length replacements.