[Bricklin] Idling question

bricklin0095 at aol.com bricklin0095 at aol.com
Thu Jul 15 21:13:19 MDT 2010

I use the same carb on my 360 also. I would think your problem lies in one of
two areas. Either your running out of?gas or getting too much..
I use stainless braided line between the engine mounted fuel pump and the
carb. This line insulates much better than the normal all steel or all rubber
hose.. No part of the hose should touch any part of the engine.. I.E. Don't
let it rest on the valve covers. This can cause vapor lock..
Also are you running the stock charcoal cannister. The gas cap on the brick is
not vented and if you removed the charcoal cannister and plugged the hoses you
now have no way for the tank to vent, this will make it hard for your fuel
pump to "suck" out gas.
The edelbrock carbs do not like high fuel pressure.. I use a mechanical high
volume carter pump with no? regulator..If you have an electric pump it is
probably putting too high a pressure and flooding the engine.
The AFB style carbs also have had problems with the floats being set too high
out of the box.. I believe the manual calls for 7/16 inch float drop..
?