[Bricklin] Idling question

John T. Blair jblair1948 at cox.net
Wed Jul 14 16:39:57 MDT 2010

At 10:32 PM 7/13/2010, Larry Ankeny wrote:

 >You described the very problem I had one time.  Turned out to be a
stuck float
 >in the carb. At idle, I wasn't burning gas fast enough to keep the
fuel bowl in
 >the carb from overfilling to the point it would overflow and
trickle into the
 >pistons.  Making it run rough and sometimes kill the engine.

Greg,

Larry has a point here.  Or you needle valve may be sticking.  This
can be due to crud getting
into the carb.  Do you have a fuel filter?

Speaking of fuel filters, if anyone is thinking about installing a
fuel filter on their car, I strongly
advise against using the plastic filters you can buy at most of the
aftermarket car parts places.
I'd suggest getting one of the metal ones.  That way you don't have
to worry it melting and pouring fuel all over a hot
engine,  spelled:    F I R E!!!.

Or you can still get the metal ones with the removable glass bowels from
Restoration Supply Company
15182B Highland Valley Road
Escondido, CA 92025
(800) 306-7008
www.RestorationStuff.com

Sediment Bowl with Filter -  Die cast body with glass bowl - and filter.
1/8" FNPT inlet & outlet    ACC147 $34.00

On page 15 of their catalog, downloadable
at:  http://www.restorationstuff.com/RSC28.pdf

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net
Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229