[Bricklin] Pinion Nut Torque

D Walker treefrogno9 at webtv.net
Mon Jul 5 06:47:03 MDT 2010

Did the yoke have a groove where the seal rides against it? I don't think the torque on the nut would have anything to do with it. Unless it's leaking at or around the nut. In the early 70's when i worked for VW. It was commen practice to remove the tension spring from the seal and unscrew the spring and snip around an eighth inch off the female end of the spring.  Then screw the spring ends back together pop it back into the seal and install. Polish the friction area on the steel with crocus cloth. This was done to avoid expensive parts replacment. Spindles, flywheels and tranny main shafts. I still do it today with no problems.