[Bricklin] por 15

John T. Blair jblair1948 at cox.net
Sun Mar 8 16:48:27 MST 2009

At 04:32 PM 3/8/2009, you wrote:

 >I've finished sandblasting the frame on my car   around the engine
area  . Can i
 >put the por 15 directly over the clean sand blasted area or do i
really have to
 >use  their metal ready product . I did not purchase any will have
to wait a week
 >or so  if i order it in .  Will the por 15 stay on  without it.

You can put the POR right over the bare metal.  It likes sandblasted
and slightly
rusted metal.

As to their metal conditioner, I've never used it and never (well almost never)
had any problem with POR.  The only time I did, was on a freshly formed piece
of new metal.  I'd sanded but not blasted it and hadn't gotten all
the oils out ot
the metal.  After the POR dried it peeled right off.  After I
sandblasted it, every
thing was fine.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net