[Bricklin] Air door leak

isensee at aol.com isensee at aol.com
Mon Jul 13 13:26:42 MDT 2009

 I assume you put soapy water on the connections. Leaks are often too slow to hear, but the bubbles you get with soapy water help to give it away. The control valves can leak too so be sure to check those. There is a reed valve in the electric compressor that can leak.

In addition to the soapy water, a leak detection technique that has worked well for me is to put a little freon in the air tank and sniff around with a freon leak detector. Those are extremely sensitive and will detect very small leaks.

Scott