[Bricklin] Door Not Opening

Rick at High Tech Coatings rick at hightechcoatings.com
Sat Jul 4 09:35:18 MDT 2009

 first does it unlatch if not start looking at the latch circuit, It is
probably a bad solenoid in the door or a broken wire.
 if it unlatches and you can open it hand but it is heavy and stays up once it
is opened, It is in the air system, probably the air solenoid in the door
compartment. It could also be the cylinder, To test the cylinder add an ounce
of hydraulic oil to the top post of the cylinder If that seals it then the
cylinder is on the way out, If not remove the hose from the bottom of the
cylinder (with door braced up!!) and push the button to pen, If air comes out
the hose (lots of it) Then the solenoid is fine and the cylinder is bad, If no
air or only a bit comes out then the solenoid or its electrical connection is
bad.