[Bmcu] 57 TR3 head studs not lined up?

Jeremiah Curry jercurry at comcast.net
Sat Sep 29 16:13:11 MDT 2007

Yes the gasket is solid copper and yes the holes line up, they are just a
few mm off.  Trying to force it on leads to a mangles gasket.  The idea of
putting the gasket down and then putting the studs in the block sounds like
the best bet, but your idea of using a file to shape the holes sounds
promising as well.  I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a bigger
problem.  I am used to working on my newer audi, so things not lining up
perfectly scares me.  I forget manufacturing practices weren't always as
percise as they are now.

Thanks,
Jeremiah