[Bmcu] Suggested Drives?

Clayton Merchant stonestaff at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 11 21:33:13 MDT 2007

Jon, two suggestions but both will require a fair bit of driving and make
sure your cooling system is up for both.

Option 1) Mirror Lake Highway-beautiful high mountain drive through the
scenic Uinta's. Take I-80 east up to Wanship and get off at exit 156. This
will take you past Rockport State Park on SR-32. Continue on SR-32 into
Kamas where you will head east on SR-150 which is the Mirror Lake Highway.
Follow it up as far as you wish to go, all the way to Evanston,Wyo. if you
want. Some of the most beautiful country in the state, but as I said, be
prepared, because you will climb to nearly 10,000 feet. Best to go during
the week rather than the weekend as this is a popular recreation area.

Option 2) Logan Canyon to Bear Lake- Find your way to Logan whichever way
you prefer, I-15 or 89 to Perry/Brigham City. Head east up Sardine Canyon to
Logan. Take highway 89 east out of Logan past Utah State Univ. into Logan
canyon. Again, magnificent scenery all the way up to Bear Lake, drop down
into Garden City and make sure you stop at either Lebeau's or the Quick and
Tasty for their Rasberry Shakes this time of year. Drive around the lake
over to Montpelier or take Ovid Canyon into Preston, Idaho. Can't beat the
scenery. Again, this is a good climb and involves an entire day's jaunt. Do
it during the week to avoid the SUV's pulling boats. Another very popular
place. Well worth the drive in either case if you have the time and
confidence in your machine, but I know you have an MG so that shouldn't be a
problem. Now if you had that other brand that starts with the letter
T......, well then all bets are off!

Clayton