[Alpines] S2 gas gauge

Mary and Ron Tebo mrtebo at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 9 09:03:38 MDT 2012

Tony,Tom, and Peter:

After checking my archives, I found that several people have reported
doing this, but Sergio said that this sometimes ruins the carb tubes,
and recommends using teflon compression rings. He said the only drawback
he has found is that the rings have to be replaced with each
dis-assembly,  but this is no great expense.
There is a company in England that has taken over the Smiths guage
business and still repairs and sells them. I think if you google Smiths,
it will come up.

Ron Tebo