[Alpines] [Tigers] Drop Spindles

Carl McLelland carlynneracing at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 18 11:08:29 MST 2009

Dear Mr. "SMALL",
Can't stand this any longer. Obviously the 'Yale' email address you so proudly
force upon us at the bottom of all your threads has little to do with your
intellect. But then, that's "Ivy League", and janitor's and grounds keeper's
have the same email address as professor's and learned scholar's.

The truth is, there is no such thing as a dropped axle; that's why you've
never read about it. That's one of those terms we neophytes like to toss
around at parties to confuse those of you who pretend to be so learned.

There are a series of books by Carroll Smith, but one in particular may be of
interest to you. It's titled "Tune To Win, The Art and Science of Race Car
Development and Tuning". It's Library of Congress Catalog Number 78-73549. I
provide that information so you can check it out at the library. I'm sure your
much too cheap to actually purchase it.

Pay particular attention to Chapter Four: Suspension Geometry; although I'm
certain you will derive far more benefit from simply memorizing some of the
big, multi-syllable words like "Sliding Pillar Front Suspension", "Macpherson
Strut", and here's a good Ivy League term... "DeDion Axle".

You state in your previous email: "I never had any problem with Alpine
handling". I would recommend updating that phrase; it's too widely used among
"rolling roadblocks".

By the way, my alma mater was Northwestern University Traffic Institute. Maybe
the difference between you and I; in lieu of buying a title, I bought an
education.

Since I'm certain the list Gestapo will be barring me from these lists, I will
be removing myself to spare them the effort. To all of you who were so helpful
in my development years of restoring and racing my Alpine, I say "thank you".
To those whom I have had the pleasure of assisting, it was my pleasure and I
say good luck to all of you..... A select few of you have my personal contact
information and I will continue to assist however I can. And for Mr. Small, I
close with: "GET A LIFE!"