[Alpines] [Tigers] Drop Spindles

jarrid_gross at earthlink.net jarrid_gross at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 18 10:53:23 MST 2009

Marc,

If I explain it in laymens terms, will you shut the hell up?
Really, you have taken this way too far.

What is being called drop spindles are actually stub axles (there is your laymen term)
that were used as standard on 15 inch wheel equipped hillmans.
The difference being, the spindle (yes this is another laymen term) is offset on the
stub axle so that with the larger wheels and tires, the ride height is appropriate.

These are not items that were nromally offered on the alpine/tiger but since its
for another audax rootes vehicle, they also fit the alpine/tiger with a subsequent
drop in road height, which some consider to be aesthetically pleasing.

Jarrid Gross