[Alpines] [Tigers] Drop Spindles

£auri lehtinen.lauri at kolumbus.fi
Fri Dec 18 00:55:32 MST 2009

This is what I remember about a discussion about 15 years ago.
Rootes made Hillmans for rough conditions (it is - worse roads) and
exported them to such peripheries (areas far away) as Finland. They had
15" wheels instead of normal 13" used in Minx and Superminx.
In my opinion it could be logic that these drop spindles have been
adopted to compensate this "Siberian road funny car" effect.

By the way, 30 years ago I stopped praying and concentrated on thinking.
And 20 years ago I then bought my Alpine.

Many of us are also interested not Alpines only but in humour too.

Lauri Lehtinen
journalist, engineer
mobile: +358 (0) 400 851988