[6pack] Voltage Stabilizer Questions

im sloane im_sloane at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 14 19:43:23 MDT 2023

Everybody forgets about Spitbits.com. Many parts are interchangeable and I can't see how the Voltage Stabilizer wouldn't be too. They list :This Genuine Smiths Voltage Stabilizer will fit all MK4 and 1500 Spitfires. $21.00.  Amazing they stay in business when only serving Spitfires, but their prices are always competitive.

Oh, as far as testing them, I've always found that very simply, a good one will make a test light blink. I didn't know their purpose was to put out 10V for decades. But the blinking test light has always proved a good unit for me. Maybe this is not true for the solid-state units.  A bad one makes Fuel and Temp read too high, too full, too hot. But cold is cold and empty is empty. Of course, YMMV.

Sloane
69-Six
72-Spit