[6pack] TR6 Diff, replacing the seals, axle bearings.

im sloane im_sloane at hotmail.com
Tue May 25 17:33:58 MDT 2021

Hey guys,
On the TR6, doing a Diff freshen-up. Replacing the seals. Got the ones from Moss. Put oil in it last night, and today I see it's leaking from the pinion seal.

The center area the seal presses into is a little scratched up, result from removing the old seal. I'm assuming that's the issue. However, TRF sells much more expensive seals.

SO, do I try another Moss seal, try to smooth out that surface, and maybe even a thin coat of the gasket maker? Or is the TRF seal worth it?

any advice?

Sloane
69-Six
72-Spit