[6pack] Tires

Jim Jones jimjcmo at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 16:06:19 MDT 2021

I'd counsel you to consider going with a taller tire sidewall. The suspension geometry on these cars were never designed to accommodate lower profile tires. I had 55 series tires on my car but, the steering constantly "hunted" on bumpy and grooved road surfaces. It was a handful to drive and not much fun. I changed to a taller profile 205/65x15 tire (I also had 15x6 Panasports) and the improvement was noticeable. Had it been available I would have opted for a 70 series sidewall.
As was previously stated, old tires, regardless of the mileage, should be replaced in a timely manner. It's part of maintaining a car.
Jim Jones72 Emerald