[6pack] Front end re-assembly questions

Yahoo brucesimms2003 at yahoo.ca
Thu Jul 8 19:53:57 MDT 2021

Greetings all:  Front end apart to repair/reinforce lower control arm mounting brackets on frame and re-bush all with new poly while I'm at it.  The welder left a little while ago.   I'm wondering about the best order for re-assembly.   I took it apart, but am unsure about the best order for re-assembly.   Fire away at me as  I want the easiest way possible.   Very warm in my garage!
1) Upper fulcrum pins and upper control arms are already  in2) Re-attach hub/brake/vertical link/trunnion/ball joint assembly to upper control arms.   I took it off as a unit.3)  Attach lower control arms to control arm mounting brackets4)  Offer up the springs and spring pan5)   Compress spring and attach spring pan to lower control arms6)   Attach lower control arms to trunnion7)   Attach roll bar to lower control arm8)   Attach wheels9)   Take it in for an alignment

I 've heard the final torqueing, particularly for the control arms, should take place with the  weight of the car on the wheels.    I don't have a hoist, but I could put the car on 4 ramps to gain access for this part of the job.
Thank you very much
Bruce Simms    73 TR6