[6pack] More brakes

im sloane im_sloane at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 2 21:05:37 MDT 2019

Just my .02 cents on the Pressure Differential switch. They always are a source of grief. Of course it would be best for it to function correctly and to light the BRAKE light if there is an issue. But minus the dash light working, it seems more safe to have the front and rear systems totally separated with assorted brake male & female fittings as needed, than to have a differential unit that could cause all fluid to leak out of both systems.  I've helped a buddy do this on his car and he was most happy to end all the fluid leaking. Just keep this in the back of your mind in case you are at wits-end to get the darn thing to stop leaking and the dash-light on or off as necessary.

Now, full disclosure. My 69 Six has had a bolt inserted in place of the switch since I purchased it in 86 and with no leaks, if it ain't broke I don't fix it.

Sloane :)
69-Six
72-Spit (still waiting for new engine)