[6pack] More problem with Speedometer

Patrick Bitton pbitton at tr-6.net
Sun Jun 3 13:06:24 MDT 2018

Looks like this is becoming a domino effect.

Since I didn't  have an angle drive fitted on the J-Type OD, I couldn't get
the replacement speedo back in place and it was making too much of a sharp
turn. I went to a local parts store and they had a NOS angle drive that I
picked up for $180 Canadian funds. He told me that it would be guaranteed
for life.

Anyway, I couldn't get the angle drive to insert into the pinion drive so I
decided to remove it and investigate. Turns out the pinion drive has 18
teeth which is equipped on a Volvo J-Type OD. And I suspect that the angle
drive did not screw in because the threads of the retainer assembly is
probably different then the TR-6 retainer. Now to make matters worse, the
J-Type overdrive has an internal gear drive that should have been replaced.
To think I paid someone to rebuild it to fit my TR-6. At this point I just
want my speedometer so stop bouncing and now I have to purchase extra parts
that I don't thinks are available.

Can someone please confirm that what I am saying is true and that I need
those part?

Thanks,

Patrick Bitton

Ps. If anyone has these parts for sale, please let me know.