[6pack] Starting problem 1976 TR6

Dennis Culligan dctr6 at optonline.net
Tue Apr 17 08:16:10 MDT 2018

Thanks for all the responses.  The problem turned out to be the starter
solenoid as I had first surmised. I dusted off the re-built Lucas starter
that has been sitting in my shed for at least 15 years and went to install
it only to find one of the prongs on the solenoid needed for the electrical
connection snapped clean off!  Luckily my brother-in-law at Highland
Automotive has a stash of parts and found a late-model MGB starter - we
swapped solenoids and the problem has been fixed.

Dennis Culligan, Highland, NY / 1976 TR6 CF57948U