[6pack] Strange Vibration

Robert Lang robertlangtr6 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 05:51:42 MDT 2016

Hi,
When trying to sort out a vibration that "might" be related to tires/wheels, it is a really easy step to work with another TR owner to swap on the tires / wheels to see if the problem follows the tires / wheels. My tires and wheels have been on a number of cars up here in the northeast! That said, if you feel a vibration in your seat and not through the steering wheel, it's drive line. Period. My Dad's TR6 had similar vibrations and they were cured when I switched in new axles. Note that there are options with axle replacement and there are stock-like axles available for less than $150 from the big three, or at least there were. I also got rid of several different rear end clunks at the same time.If money is no object - the alternatives such as the GoodParts CV conversion are an excellent choice and you'll probably NEVER have to worry about them ever.Regards,Bob LangTR6s