[6pack] TR4 Tub Needed

Glenn Franco gaf3 at charter.net
Wed Feb 12 09:14:01 MST 2014

Group

Just finished a full body off on a TR250 where the previous owners
should have had their welder & tools taken away it was so bad.

Anyway a TR4 body was purchased by a club member from someone out in PA
that had *_brazed_* in new panels but obviously didn't know how to read
a tape measure and control panel warpage. Anyways the panel gaps are
measured in multiple inches and no straight lines exist between the
panel due to excessive heat when brazing. Another example of Triumph
abuse by a D.I.Y. that had no idea what they were doing.

So we are looking for a replacement TR4 tub. Prefer one with minimal
rust and a non molested body. Body's with rookie panel replacements with
warped brazed and bondo'd panels need not apply. If panels were replaced
they should be either plug welded or spot welded in place.

We are located in the Midwest in Michigan.

Please advise and send photo's if you have something available.

Thanks in Advance

Glenn