[6pack] Compression Test

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Mon Sep 26 23:27:59 MDT 2011

Bob---Generally speaking, if the cylinder pressures are fairly even as yours, you leave it alone. They are a little on the low side, tho, so a lot could depend here on other factors. I would suspect that a fresh, stock '72 engine would pull closer to 150 lb. per cylinder. You could do a leak down test to see where the pressures are escaping, which could tell you whether a simple valve job would bring them up, or a re-ring/ rebore is in order.

Dick