[6pack] Tire info request

Jerry C Shaw slowtoaccept at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 12 14:42:48 MST 2011

Using 215/60R/16 Kuhmo Solas from TireRack on Panasport 16x7 w/ no offset.
Standard new springs fore and aft that haven't settled yet, so rides a
little high.  Using extra large wheel stops in front (not sure they are
needed) and spring-over-shocks in rear. And, yes, it is a little more
difficult to parallel park because of the turning resistance with the
additional width and slightly reduced turning radius. Limited mileage, so
can't give you a long history of experience, but so far so good. Handles
well even with higher center of gravity, but also have large front and rear
anti-roll bars. IRS travel may then be a problem if you go with shorter
performance springs, but who knows.  Some use different size tires in the
front than in the rear. TireRack correctly points out that precise revs per
mile is not a simple calculation. According to the revs per mile calculator
I used, this combo has about a +0.33 % speedo error over the factory
standard 15 in. wheel set.

I'm still learning about the performance of this combo. May make changes in
the future, including rear camber.

Jerry Shaw
'74 Mallard Green TR6