[6pack] electric fuel pump

Joe Honor j.honor at comcast.net
Thu Mar 10 14:32:16 MST 2011

Thanks Dick per Irv's suggestion I'm going to play around with mote timing
advance on test runs and see if +8 degrees improves this Regards Joe

Joe Honor / Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 10, 2011, at 8:04 PM, Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor at webtv.net>
wrote:

> Joe---Unless your engine is modified to use more fuel than the stock pump
can provide, there won't be any performance benefits by going to an electric
pump. Of course it's possible that your stock, mechanical pump is faulty. This
can be checked by following the instructions in the Bentley Manual. (Pressure,
volume).
> If you decide to install an electric pump, most of them deliver more
pressure than the carb (floats) can handle, so a pressure regulator must be
installed after the pump. Somewhere between 1.5 and 3 psi works.

> One advantage in removing the mechanical pump (and blanking off the opening)
would be having better access to the oil filter canister.
> Purolator makes a decent electric pump and regulator, priced around $40
each. Write back if you want more info on mounting, wiring, etc.

> I kind of doubt the pump you now have is related to the symptoms you now
describe.
> When a pump is faulty, it usually fails to deliver enough at the higher
rpms. I'd check the ignition timing at idle, and again as the rpm increases.
Compare to the data.

> Dick

have been the list expereince with this- as far as benefits & out of box or is
a regulator for ZS standard carbs in order?I have expereinced some balkiness
in startup under throttle, some hestiation even when well warmed up. Regards,
Joe

> This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s). They are confidential and may contain protected health
information that is exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the above named intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible
to deliver this email to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any use, disclosure, printing, copying, or distribution of this email or
attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please immediately notify the sender by telephone or reply email and destroy
this email and any attachments.