[6pack] Nissan LSD conversion question

Bud Rolofson levilevi at comcast.net
Fri Jun 24 23:30:30 MDT 2011

Mike,

I never had a lurching problem with my LSD (with or without the CV
axles), but I don't have a upgraded cam.  I think I'd read the plugs
or use a colortune to see what's going on with the combustion.  It may
just be the lope of the cam.  I can't imagine you'd get lurching from
the LSD mounts or the trailing arm material not being as recommended,
there doesn't seem to be that much play in the system to me.

Re: Richard Good's Note:  I was one of those whose snap ring
disengaged.  Happened on a Rio Grande Rendezvous trip to Silver City
NM.  I had to dodge a piece of firewood on Raton Pass and I think it
pulled on the snap ring but not fully out.  Going around a mountain
switchback 300 miles later pulled it out completely though and I was
dead in the water.  Got towed by the one of the nicest people
ever...trip took 3 hours to go about 50 miles down a mountain pass
with my 6 on a tow truck.  Our tow driver took us to get something to
eat (this was 7 hours after the breakdown), took us to our hotel,
found and fixed the problem at his shop the next morning and came and
got me at the hotel at noon the next day.  Charged me $150 plus the
tow charge.  Got the Broken Spoke award for that adventure.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi at comcast.net