[6pack] Theoretical Clutch / Tranny Question

Robert M. Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Thu Jun 23 16:17:28 MDT 2011

Hi,

My newly installed engine / clutch / tranny was showing signs that the
clutch is "dragging" when the pedal is fully depressed. So, "we" (THANKS
RICK!!) pulled the tranny last night for a look-see. It looks like the
spigot bush was siezed to the flywheel. It took some effort to get it out.

Owing to the late hour and the fact that I'd much rather chat than work,
we didn't measure anything before calling it a day, but I wanted to toss
this out there:

Have you ever seen a case where a tranny input shaft sufficiently "locked"
to the spigot bush to give the symptom that the clutch was not releasing?

Direct replies are okay or reply to the list. Either way, I'll try to
summarize early next week.

For now, it's off to the garage for some quality time with my TR6's.

rml