[6pack] Hot Running 6

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Sun Jun 19 10:59:00 MDT 2011

Glenn---Use a candy thermometer to get a better coolant reading. Place it at the top of the open radiator, and run the engine. This should also burp out any air, after the thermostat opens up.

The one deg. BTDC ignition timing could well be another source of excess engine heat. I'd move it up to at least 12 deg. BTDC, with the engine idling as close to 800rpm. (Any increase from this speed will activate the centrifugal advance and give a false reading).

Lastly, the temperature you are reading is not necessarily a bad thing, but it can cause one to be always watching the gauge!

Dick