[6pack] [Fot] Hot Running 6

Glenn Franco gaf3 at charter.net
Sun Jun 19 10:50:47 MDT 2011

Group
Thanks for all the input on the warm running engine and backfires.
I jacked up the front of the car with the thermostat housing off and
filled up the head with coolant.
I also, as Kas suggested drilled out the thermostat housing and tapped
it for a small pipe plug. It does the trick.
Coolant temp now is steady at 9/16 to 5/8ths on the gauge regardless of
how long it idles.
Set the timing at 12 deg BTDC
Thanks again!
Glenn