[6pack] Technical Expertise (or the lack thereof...)

Jim Hurley jimhurle at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 09:07:23 MDT 2011

Hello,

Unfortunately, I find it necessary to point out the lack of technical
knowledge concerning TR6's on this list.

In a post earlier this week, reference is made to an "ashtray" in the TR6
dash top (see below). Note that the Triumph engineers were at the forefront
of the anti-smoking crusade in the late sixties and pointedly did NOT put an
"ashtray" into their design. The correct technical name for this item is
"Bikini Holder".

In the future, please refer to this item correctly.

Jim Hurley 8>)