[6pack] LED lamp conversions

im sloane im_sloane at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 29 09:36:13 MDT 2010

Just a note about the 'yellow' bulbs. I had warned my brother that they
wouldn't flash right without a 'heavy duty' flasher unit. His car apparently
already had one because he popped the bulbs in and they flashed fine with no
problems. All I wanted was the brighter and redder stop lamps, but he likes
that LED instant on-off on the turn signals. He's been meaning to get them for
the front. He also has a chrome tag bracket with an LED 3rd stop lamp.
Brothers... :o)  He's a 5 year owner, I'm a 25 year owner. (haha)

One issue I did have with the stop lamps. My brake lamp switch was adjusted
right were it was too close to the on-off point when sitting at a normal stop.
This wasn't too noticable with the regular bulbs, but with with the LEDs he
said my brake lights blinked on and off when I was just sitting at a light. I
was able to adjust the switch so if my foot was on the pedal, the lights
stayed on.

Sloane
69-Six