[6pack] Clutch slave pushrod

Vsnively at aol.com Vsnively at aol.com
Fri Oct 1 07:57:37 MDT 2010

Thanks Shawn

In a message dated 10/1/2010 9:42:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
shawn.loseke at gmail.com writes:

The most  neglected part of the clutch system is the pedal box and the
clevis  attaching the clutch master to the pedal. I have seen those
clevis pins so  worn that they look like crankshafts. The bushings that
the clutch and  brake pedal pivot on can also wear out and is often
overlooked. Which is a  shame considering how easy it is to pull out
the pedal assembly. I know I  said this before but reiterating it for
the benefit of all. More slop up  there equal less stroke in the
master, which mean less stroke from the  slave.

Shawn

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 8:02 AM,   <Vsnively at aol.com> wrote:
> Thanks Jim. The pin was my first  thought. I replaced everything
mechanical
> at clutch time, I think I  even used the special hardened pin from TRF.
>

> In a  message dated 10/1/2010 8:55:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>  im_sloane at hotmail.com writes:
>
> Vic,
> Mine has the exact  same problem, clutch release point almost on  the
floor.
> It's at  the shop now, tranny out, fixing the pin on the  thing-a-ma-gig
>  that has the hollowered out hole, causing the angle of  the 3 hole lever
be
> wrong. I used to have about a dozen washers  used as a  shim to push the
> slave cylinder out about an inch, but it still   didn't really help much.
can
> concur that using that top hole  won't  work for long either. I'm sure
looking
> forward to no  longer having to switch  it off to get it in 1st or
Reverse.

_http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/clutch/ClutchHydraulics/Clutch_Hyd
>  raulics.htm_

(http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/clutch/ClutchHydraulics/Clutch_Hyd