[6pack] TR-6 brake lines and PDWA switch

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Fri May 28 06:25:40 MDT 2010

On Thursday, May 27, 2010 09:14:26 pm Richard Lambour wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I've been looking for replacement brake piping/lines for my 1970 TR-6 which
> is a frame off restoration right now.  I have a couple of questions:
>

> 1.	My car is left hand drive (US) but does not appear to have been
> fitted with a PDWA switch - we can't find any of the hardware on the car.
> Is this something that would not have appeared on the 1970 cars?  It
> appears in the Moss and TRF parts lists.
> 2.	Is there more than one manufacturer of pre-bent brake lines for the
> TR-6?
>

> Thanks very much!
>

> Rick Lambour
>
> 1970 TR-6
Rick,

Your 70 6 should have a PDWA switch mounted just below the mc. 2 pipes exit
the mc on the left and enter the PDWA switch. 2 pipes exit the PDWA on the
right, one goes to the front brakes and the other to the rear breaks. The
switch is brass with a single push on connector to the brake warning light on
the top.

Bob