[6pack] Carburetor Question

Robert Liam Gannon trsix74 at comcast.net
Mon May 24 19:28:28 MDT 2010

It has been my experience that there might be an issue with the needle.
Under a magnifying glass look at the needle to see if there is any wear on
it. After that check to see if the needle is straight. Take the needle out
of the piston. Roll the big end on a known flat surface (i.e. glass) and
watch the needle. Any slight out of round fluctuation can be your cause. For
the unit that drops with a click, sounds like a loss of damper fluid. Also,
just out of interest try switching the pistons and see if it makes a
difference. When doing this does the one that clicks, still does it and the
one that sticks, does it still stick?

You might also want to clean the surfaces of the piston and the inner walls
of the carburetor. Even the slightest bit of dirt can make the piston stick.

DISCLAIMER: This is in my opinion as in IMHO. I am just providing free
advice so take it as you wish and it's not worth suing me because the
government took it all already!