[6pack] tranny r&r

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Fri May 21 10:04:38 MDT 2010

	Oliver:

	Most of it is so straight forward you will very few if any hints, IMHO. The
only hints I would offer are -

	Don't omit the two 3/8" dowels or bolts used to align the tranny to the
engine.

	Getting the tranny re-mated to the engine is difficult. I use some 4" bolts,
get the tranny close to the engine and then install the bolts at approximately
11 and 5 o'clock. I use these bolts to guide me as I wiggle the tranny closer
and closer to the engine. I pause occasionally to tighten them so that the
tranny cannot slip backwards. Makes mating the two together much easier.

	All the bell housing bolt heads point forward, with the threaded end of the
bolts pointing towards the rear. This is factory correct, and makes the
finished job look like you knew what you were doing. =:-o

    Vance Navarrette
    http://www.triumphowners.com/832