[6pack] tranny r&r

oliver sumton at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 21 08:57:38 MDT 2010

are there any gotcha's in removing and replacing the tranny?  I remember
doing it once before but I've slept since then . . .

I have to replace the ring gear :- (

is there a site that describes it?  or am I just dreading the work more than
I should?

I know there are a bunch of bolts that hold it to the engine, and the
starter is part of that.  and you have to disconnect the driveshaft.

I know - remove the seats, dash support, pull back the carpet, and remove
the cover.

how about replacing the cover?  I seem to remember that being somewhat
tricky.

any advice, hints, etc welcome.