[6pack] TR6 Electric Cooling Fan

Bob Danielson 75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Mon May 17 07:10:25 MDT 2010

This is a common discussion in the 6-Pack Forum (www.6-pack.org) with a
bunch of us going this route (http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/Radiator.htm).
For those who didn't want to go with an aluminum radiator, they flushed the
whole cooling system and had their stock radiator professionally boiled out
and tested. This also gives you the opportunity to have a bung soldered in
to the radiator to take an electric fan sensor. Many have installed Rick
Patton's Fan Eliminator Kit
(http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/Fan_Eliminator.htm) which freed up room to
put a 16" slim line puller fan behind the radiator. If your cooling system
is in order, the electric fan will only run if you're stuck in traffic and
moving at less then about 30 mph. If you're moving over 30-35 MPH, the fan
should never come on.

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org